Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dinner Dance Hair Tutorial


Well, I haven't done a blog post about any kind of hair styling yet, so I thought it was about time to do one. This hair style was done on my little sister for her Eighth Grade Dinner Dance. This style is actually really easy to do and looks very neat. I love it on long hair, but it can also very easily be done on short hair also. Let's Get Started!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
  • Bobby Pins 
  • Little Hair Elastics
  • Hair Spray
  • A Pretty Flower Clip, if you wish.

HOW TO:
  1. First what you want to do is brush the hair and make sure that it is rid of all knots or kinks. 
  2. Next you want to take some hair from above the ear and start to braid that, I would make it a little thick but not too thick. Once you have braided all the way down to the bottom of the hair, you will need to secure that with one of your hair elastics.
  3. Repeat step two on the other side of the head.
  4. Once you have your two braids bring one around the back of the head and secure it with bobby pins onto the opposite side of the head from where you started the braid just above the ear.
  5. Repeat step four with the other braid.
  6. Once you have completed these steps you should have the same look above. If the two braids aren't staying together like you want them to then you can take some more of your bobby pins and attach the braids together by threading the bobby pins through one braid and then to the other.
  7. Once you have finished with the braids you can leave the hair straight or you can curl the ends, I curled the ends of my sister's hair for this look.

Now if you don't like the way it looks just plain or there are too many bobby pins showing on one side then you can take a hair decoration and just attach it to the start of the braids, like I did in the picture above. I think that if you are going out somewhere to a dance or out for dinner then the extra decoration makes the style a little classier. If you are just going to the beach or for a walk downtown then I suggest not adding any decorations for a more casual look. I hope that you enjoyed the first of my hair tutorials and there will be more to come!

xoxo Emma.



No comments:

Post a Comment