Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Twist to Cheetah Print Nails




I have decided to try something different for this post, I have created a youtube channel where I will also post all of my tutorials on my nails and hair. I thought that this would be an easier way to show you all how to create the tutorial. I will still be doing step by step instructions but for people who would rather see a visual to do the steps I will put the video onto the blog post also! 



Today's nail tutorial will be a twist to the regular Cheetah Print nails! I decided that since the Cheetah Print nail trend is going up in popularity then I wanted to create a look that is different from the regular. This tutorial is actually easy and you will be surprised at how easy it is for you to create! 



PRODUCTS USED:
( In Order of The Picture )
  • Revlon Clear Coat in 771 Clear
  • Circus by Andrea's Choice in Ringmaster
  • Kiss nail art Paint in Black
  • Kiss nail art Paint in Silver
  • Circus by Andrea's Choice in Reverso
  • A paintbrush
  • A scrap piece of paper

HOW  TO:
  1. First, as usual you will want to put on your base coat which makes the nails less breakable!
  2. For your first step you want to paint your nails completely with your pink color. With the first coat you will notice that it is a little streaky, to prevent this all you need to do is just paint another coat of the pink. You can paint as many coats as you want till you achieve the perfect color.
  3. Next you want to create a diagonal stripe across your nail from the bottom of your nail to the top of your nail. On one side of the line you want to fill in half of your nail with the silver nail art brush. I also recommend that you do two coats of the silver because you don't want to be able to see the pink background color through the silver.
  4. After you have the silver you want to start to paint the white cheetah spots. Take your scrap paper and your white nail polish and also your paintbrush. Put a dollop of the white paint onto your scrap piece of paper. Then dip the end of your paint brush into the white nail polish and start to create the cheetah spots on the silver background. If you don't know what cheetah spots look like then you can look up a picture online. You don't want to create a full circle but you want to make uneven spots.
  5. With the white spots you don't want to do too many because you need space to put black little spots in the spaces.
  6. Next you need to take the black nail art brush and create half moon shapes around the white spots. This will make the cheetah kind of look on your nails. You can do any shape you want and any thickness that you would like to use. Don't make a full circle around the white spot, you need to leave a little space.
  7. Finally create little half moon black shapes in the silver background on the spaces between the cheetah spots.
  8. As usual the last step is to wait for the nails to completely dry and then put your top coat on.

I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial and that you try to recreate it on your own! I also really hope that the video helped you to follow along with the tutorial and made it a little easier for you to recreate the look on your own!

xoxo Emma.





2 comments:

  1. where did you get the nail polish? & i think im going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got the two circus nail polishes sent to me in a birch box but I am sure if you looked up the brand online then you would be able to find them. I got the silver and black nail art brushes in a set of three which comes with a white also from target. The revoln top coat in clear I got from target. I would love to see you try this design! Good luck, I hope it comes out awesome! I also hoped my comment helped you find the products you were looking for xoxo

      Delete